Alberta Blue Cross Scholarship for Mature Indigenous Students
Purpose: The Alberta Blue Cross Scholarship for Mature Indigenous Students is for individuals who have demonstrated community involvement, achievement of personal goals as well as demonstrate financial need. This scholarship is for students who are defined as “mature” by their post-secondary institution.
Value of award: up to $1,500 depending on institution
Number of awards: Three
Applicants are a member of a first nation or band, or have Inuit, Métis or Indian Status as referenced on the Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada website.
- Applicant must be defined as a mature student by their post-secondary institution.
- Applicants must be enrolling in the first year of any full-time post-secondary certificate or diploma program that are two or more year’s duration.
- Applicants must clearly describe their community involvement, personal goals and financial need.
- Applicants must have been residents of Alberta during their most recent year of study.
- Applicants must submit reference letters for evaluation.
- Applicants must be accepted to an accredited post-secondary institution from the list below.
Submitting your application: applications should be emailed to Alberta Blue Cross Indigenous Scholarships email or mailed to
- Alberta Blue Cross, Community Impact,
- 10009 108 Street NW
- Edmonton, AB
- T5J 3C5
Opening date: September 1, 2021
Closing date: January 15, 2022
Disbursement date: disbursement of scholarships to successful candidates will take place on February 28, 2022