The Connection Bulletin newsletter is published on a semi-annual basis to address topics and issues of interest to Alberta Blue Cross employer group plan sponsors.
- Winter 2017 - Before you go: do you know which providers are ineligible?; Workplace Wellness Online: your one-stop shop for wellness tips and tools; Group Administration corner; Help your employees make the most of their benefits; Payment rates for dental claims adjusted for 2017; Plan now to attend Working Stronger 2017: Equipping Albertans for better workplace wellness mental health; Alberta Blue Cross welcomes initial findings of government dental review; A reminder about our Maintenance Medication Program; Get your workplace involved in Winter Walk Day 2017—we'll help!; And much more.
- Summer 2016 - Is your health provider eligible?; Helping curb drug costs through our Maintenance Medication Program; Reiterating the value of dental plans in the face of Alberta’s high dental costs; Alberta Blue Cross introduces direct billing for psychology services; Protect yourself and your benefits; And much more.
- Spring 2016 - Paperless billing coming this summer; Many different ways to submit your claims online; Investing in healthy communities; Top 10 health conditions for 2015 based on drug claims data; Participate in the Healthy Workplace Essentials Challenge; Don’t forget to check out Workplace Wellness Online; Small steps. Big rewards; Do any of your employees reside outside of Alberta?; Help your employees make the most of their benefits; And much more.
- Winter 2016 - Balance: Your life. Your rewards; A strong Brand. An even stronger alliance; Payment rates for dental claims adjusted for 2016; Managing your drug costs; Submit a claim on the go; New orthopedic footware claim submission requirements coming March 1, 2016; Our approach to disability management; Take part in Winter Walk Day 2016; Connect with us; And much more.
- Fall 2015 - Introducing paperless benefit booklets and Benefit Summary; Monitoring provider claims for potential irregularities; Help your employees make the most of their benefits; Botox and Xeomin moved to special authorization status; Protecting online accounts; Improve the health of your workforce with Balance™; And much more.
- Spring 2015 - Suspected fraudulent claims end in charges being laid in Red Deer; Detection of suspicious claims may lead to removal of providers; Botox and Xeomin are moving to special authorization; Focusing on cost control and plan management through the economic slowdown; Top drugs for 2014 and what accounts for the greatest impacts to drug benefit costs; And much more.
- Winter 2015 - Upcoming administration system interruptions; Dental payment rates have increased; Alberta Blue Cross mobile app now available; How we are protecting the financial well-being of your plan; Provider lookup with Google map coordinates; Promoting the health and wellness of Albertans; And much more.
- Summer 2014 - Make 2014 your year to become a workplace wellness champion!; Introducing our mobile friendly member site; Updating our administration system; Help your employees make the most of their benefits; Blue Advantage provider directory grows larger; Dental claiming just got easier; Alberta Blue Cross conforms with Canada's new Anti-Spam Legislation; Tips for confirming over-age dependents; Check out our redesigned web site; One of Alberta's "Most Loved Brands"; Investing in healthy communities; Tap into great workplace wellness resources and get connected! Committed to providing your employees with an unparalleled member experience; Connect with us.
- Spring 2014 - Changes coming to prescription drug pricing in Alberta; Healthy Community Grants awarded; Are your employees still receiving paper claim statements and cheques?; Updating our administration system; Payment rates for dental claims adjusted for 2014; Protect yourself and your benefits from fraud!; Check out the updated workplace wellness web site; Tips for confirming over-age dependents; How to view a claim totals report; Top drugs for 2013; Overview of top drugs; Your company has the power to save lives; Connect with us.
- Fall 2013 - New Agreement-in-Principle signals changes in prescription pricing for Albertans; Recognized as a top corporation; Member services web site redesigned; Help your employees make the most of their benefits; UWALK.ca is waiting for you!; Introducing our new senior manager of Case Management; Working with health providers to enhance direct billing for plan members; Pharmacare program delayed; Alberta Winter Walk day 2014; Avoid a "Page not found" error when visiting our web site; Alberta Blue Cross introduces new wellness resource to support Alberta employers; Round-the-clock member services: What drugs are covered under my plan?; Making a positive difference in the lives of Albertans.
- Spring 2013 - Government of Alberta announces changes to provincial health programs; When will the next dental checkup be covered?; Your company has the power to save lives; Ensuring a high level of satisfaction among plan administrators; Supporting workplace mental health; Plan member survey; Alberta Blue Cross enhances our online claim submission service; Tips for confirming over-age dependents; Do we have your correct e-mail address?; Eligibility date extended for massage therapy providers to meet new requirements; Top drugs in 2012; Help your employees make the most of their benefits.
- Winter 2013 - New online directory provides convenient access to provider who offer direct billing; Recent generic drug pricing reductions positively impace Alberta Blue Cross group benefit plans; Promote a healthy work environment this winter; Get your employees moving for Alberta Winter Walk Day 2013; Recent generic drug pricing reductions positively impact Alberta Blue Cross group benefit plans; Massage therapy providers to meet new eligibility requirements; Member online claim submissions continue to grow; Providing the convenience of paperless claim statements and direct deposit; Have you provided accurate salary information?; Payment rates for dental claims adjusted for 2013; Help your employees make the most of your benefits.
- Summer 2012 - New online claim submission option enhances plan member experience; Four things to remember when confirming over-age dependents; Addressing the challenges of obesity in the workplace; Indicate confirmation number when using “Contact us” form; Promoting the health of Albertans; Alberta Blue Cross receives two awards at 2012 Alberta Business Awards of Distinction; Government of Alberta moves forward with further reductions to generic drug prices; Generic equivalent to Crestor promises savings to Alberta Blue Cross group plans; Top drugs for 2011 reflect continued growth in costs; Overview of top drugs; Help your employees make the most of their benefits; Updated administration guides and statements of accounts are now available.
- Winter 2012 - The Alberta Pharmaceutical Strategy: Assessing the impact on Alberta Blue Cross group benefit plans; For your employees’ benefit; Direct billing now includes massage therapy claims; Ensuring value in your drug plan; Bases of payment for dental claims updated; Mark your calendar to participate in Alberta Winter Walk Day 2012.
- Fall 2011 - Introducing paperless claim statements; Your role in the battle against health care fraud; Direct billing expanded to include massage therapy benefits; Avoid a late status designation; Please provide accurate salary information; Include confirmation numbers; Convenience at your fingertips; For your employees’ benefit.
- Summer 2011 - Serving plan members who reside outside Alberta; Overview of top drugs; Travel plans updated; Keep it legible; Benefit plans to support flexibility… and service to support easy plan administration; Enjoy the convenience of provider direct billing; Experience the advantages of preauthorized debit; Confirming over-age dependents.
- Winter 2011 - Generic pricing reduced in conjunction with Alberta Pharmaceutical Strategy; Direct billing expanded to include physiotherapy benefits; A secure personal electronic health record…at your employees’ fingertips; Supporting wellness in our community; Turn your workplace into a healthy workplace; Claims summaries and claim statements available online; Cuba travel insurance requirement now in effect; Payment rates for dental claims adjusted for 2011.
- Summer 2010 - Direct billing for chiropractic claims; Lipitor available as generic; Prescription drugs continue to fuel benefit plan cost increases; Overview of top drugs; Plan administrators promoting Health & Wellness Companion; For Your Benefit newsletter; Cuba travel insurance requirement now in effect; Include Alberta Health Care numbers on applications; Cosmetic procedures no longer eligible expenses through Health Spending Accounts.
- Winter 2010 - Second Phase of Alberta Pharmaceutical Strategy announced; What is the Alberta Pharmaceutical Strategy?; Round-the-clock web services for plan members; Controlling your group benefit costs through an economic downturn; Redesigned web site launched; Promote the Health & Wellness Companion to your employees…and you could win!; Introducing your employees to the Health & Wellness Companion; Supporting Alberta pork producers.
- Fall 2009 - Alberta Blue Cross group plan rates not affected by Alberta Pharmaceutical Strategy; Helping wishes come true; Enhanced health claim statements coming this fall; Is your business prepared for the possibility of a pandemic this fall?; Alberta government eliminates coverage for chiropractic services; Simplifying the podiatry claiming process; Avoid the hidden costs of obesity; Congratulations to the winners!; Submitting complete documents; Plan waiting periods and calculating effective dates.
- Spring 2009 - Alberta Pharmaceutical Strategy; Value of employer group benefit plans; Flexibility of Health Spending Accounts; Encouraging use of the Alberta Blue Cross Health & Wellness Companion; Top drugs of 2008; Balancing benefits and drug costs; Health and dental coverage for temporary foreign workers; Recognized for commitment to workplace health and wellness; Plan administrators’ corner and Readership survey results.
- Fall 2008 - Direct billing for optical claims; New online health risk assessment benefit to be introduced this fall; Health Spending Account claim form updated; Extending health and dental coverage to temporary foreign workers; Tackling the issue of prescription drug costs; Elimination of health care premiums provides healthy opportunity for employers; Minor changes to the iBlueLink web site; Group administrator's corner; Readership survey.
- Winter 2008 - Alberta Blue Cross receives two awards for commitment to workplace health and wellness; Call centre service enhanced; Maximizing coverage through Coordination of Benefits; Promoting vision health to Albertans; Government expands coverage for optometry services; Pharmacist prescribing update; Bases of payment for dental claims updated for 2008; Coverage options for part-time employees; Benefits for employees under age 21; Ensuring employees understand the consequences of opting out; Group administrator's corner: Submitting complete documents.
- Fall 2007 - Your role in preventing health care fraud and benefit plan abuse; Top drugs for 2006; Alberta Health Care numbers; Temporary foreign workers; Employees with individual coverage; Direct, personalized service; Enhanced dental claim statement.
- Winter 2007 - Payment rates for dental claims adjusted for 2007; Pharmacist prescribing; New claim statement; Password perfect; Seniors’ job market; Workplace Wellness; Continual coverage.
We appreciate and welcome customer feedback regarding the Connection Bulletin. Please send us an e-mail with your comments about the newsletter, or suggestions for topics for upcoming issues.