Our member site
- I want to submit a claim but all I see is a link to Balance. Why?
Only primary plan members can submit a claim on behalf of his or her spouse and his or her dependants.
- I want to check on the status of my children’s claims and all I see is a link to Balance. Why?
Only primary plan members have full access to the Alberta Blue Cross member site.
- How do I know if I have access to Balance?
If you have access to Balance, you will see it listed under the “Your benefits” tab inside the member site. You can also call Alberta Blue Cross Customer Services at 1-800-661-6995 to verify if you have access to Balance.
- Do my dependants have access to Balance?
Yes. If Balance is included in your Alberta Blue Cross plan, your spouse and any dependants age 16 years and older can access Balance.
All eligible dependants will need to sign in using their unique member ID number. This can be found beside their name on the back of their Alberta Blue Cross ID card.
- What do I do after I sign into Balance?
After you sign into Balance for the first time, you can complete your health risk assessment. You can also set up health and medication reminders, trackers and learn about health conditions and lifestyle habits. Through all of these activities, you can earn points to redeem for chances to win great prizes.