Table of Contents
- Additional Notes Regarding Application of the List
- Example of Drug Product Listings
- Drug Review Procedure
- Submission Requirements and Criteria
- Interpretation Notices
- Submission Requirements
- Criteria for Listing Drug Products
- Interchangeable Drug Products
- Review of Benefit Status (ROBS) Criteria
- Supply Shortage Policy for Drug Products
- Policy for Administering Interchangeability Challenges
- Your Comments are Important to Us
- Restricted Benefits
- Products Designated as Restricted Benefits
- Limited Restricted Benefits
- Products Designated as Limited Restricted Benefits
- Special Authorization Policy
- Special Authorization Procedures
- Special Authorization Forms
- Prescriber Registration Forms
(excluding Special Authorization Products (PDF) )
Listing by separate PTC:00:00 Non-Classified Drugs (PDF) 04:00 Antihistamine Drugs (PDF) 08:00 Anti-Infective Agents (PDF) 10:00 Antineoplastic Agents (PDF) 12:00 Autonomic Drugs (PDF) 20:00 Blood Formulation, Coagulation and Thrombosis (PDF) 24:00 Cardiovascular Drugs (PDF) 28:00 Central Nervous System Agents (PDF) 34:00 Dental Agents (PDF) 36:00 Diagnostic Agents (PDF) 40:00 Electrolytic, Caloric and Water Balance (PDF) 48:00 Respiratory Tract Agents (PDF) 52:00 Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat (EENT) Preparations (PDF) 56:00 Gastrointestinal Drugs (PDF) 60:00 Gold Compounds (PDF) 64:00 Heavy Metal Antagonists (PDF) 68:00 Hormones and Synthetic Substitutes (PDF) 80:00 Serums, Toxoids, and Vaccines (PDF) 84:00 Skin and Mucous Membrane Agents (PDF) 86:00 Smooth Muscle Relaxants (PDF) 88:00 Vitamins (PDF) 92:00 Miscellaneous Therapeutic Agents (PDF) 94:00 Devices (PDF)
TIP: For a quick search use the following lists. They contain the names and DIN numbers of all products included, either regular benefits, special authorization or restricted benefits, in the latest edition of the DBL.
Index 1 Alphabetical List of Products (PDF) (use this to confirm spelling of product and location of the listing, if an eligible benefit)
Index 2 Numerical List of Products (PDF) (by Drug Identification Number (DIN))
The DBL, DBS and related publications require knowledgeable interpretation and are intended primarily for professional health care practitioners, pharmacies, hospitals and organizations associated with the manufacture, distribution and use of pharmaceutical preparations.
Electronic versions of all DBL and DBS related publications are unofficial versions and are provided for convenience and private use only. Official paper versions can be obtained from Alberta Blue Cross who publishes them on behalf of Alberta Health and Alberta Human Services.
Alberta Health reserves the right to make changes, without notice, to the List through the Interactive DBL (iDBL), and any such changes to the Interactive DBL (iDBL) are effective the date of the change (unless otherwise stated) and regardless of the date of publication in the paper version or updates.