A full refund will be issued if:
- you contact us to cancel your Alberta Blue Cross® travel plan before the effective date
- you cancel your trip before any cancellation penalties come into effect
- your carrier or travel supplier cancels the entire trip, so all penalties are waived
- your carrier or travel supplier changes the travel dates and you can’t travel on those dates, so all penalties are waived
A partial refund will be issued if:
- you return early and let us know before your plan’s expiry date
- there is now claim pending or paid
You will need to provide proof showing the date you returned, such as a customs or immigration stamp or gas receipts.
Multi-trip annual plans are non-refundable for any reason after the effective date—it's when your yearly plan begins. Trip Cancellation or Interruption coverage and Baggage coverage are refundable if no travel has taken place and the request for the refund is received by us before the effective date.