A. Directly from you:
We may receive personal information from you, when you provide it to us.
You may provide personal information to us through a form, in person, by telephone, by email, by our website or other method.
B. From third parties
We may receive personal information about you from other sources that may include:
- Your employer or third-party administrator, if you apply for group benefits;
- Third parties we work with to issue and manage our products and services, whether now or in the future;
- Third parties you allow to disclose information to us, or third-party accounts you allow us to access;
- Public sources such as government agencies and websites; and
- With your consent, we may gather personal information from your doctor(s) and health care provider(s), and from other insurance companies to confirm or obtain additional information about you.
In these cases, we take steps to ensure the individual providing the personal information understands their obligations regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of that personal information. We receive your personal information from these other sources with your consent, or if the law requires or permits us to do so.
When you have a sponsored plan, we may obtain personal information from Alberta Health, your employer, or another representative. They may provide your personal information to us through application forms, a member site, a phone call, or other methods.
C. Through Technologies
We may collect personal information through various technologies used at our offices or branches. These include point of sale systems, video surveillance, and other similar types of technologies which we may use from time to time.
We use video surveillance in areas surrounding our offices for security purposes, to protect against theft, to prevent damage to our properties, and to prevent fraud.
D. Through our Website and Mobile Applications