Terms of Participation
By using the Site, you agree, represent and warrant that:
- If you are a parent or guardian of a Site user who is a minor, you are responsible for providing supervision of the minor's use of the Site. You assume full responsibility for ensuring that information submitted is correct, current and complete. You also assume full responsibility for the interpretation and use of any information or suggestions provided through the Site for the minor.
- You will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including, without limitation, those relating to the Internet, data, e-mail, privacy, and the transmission of technical data.
- All the information you provide on the Site is correct, current and complete.
- Your use of the Site including the Content is at your own risk.
- Alberta Blue Cross® reserves the right at any time and from time-to-time to modify, edit, delete, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site (or any portion thereof) and/or the Content (or any part thereof), with or without notice to you. You further agree that Alberta Blue Cross® shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, editing, deletion, suspension or discontinuance.
- Alberta Blue Cross® makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that current and accurate information is accessible through the Site. If information presented through the Site differs from the official Alberta Blue Cross® records, the latter will prevail. Please contact Alberta Blue Cross® if you have any questions or concerns.
You agree NOT to do any of the following:
- Use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage or impair the Site or interfere with any other person’s use of the Site including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Site;
- Use any robot, spider, other automatic device process or means, or similar data gathering, data mining, or extraction methods to access the Site for any purpose including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Site;
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Site or the server on which the Site is hosted;
- Attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack;
- Attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site;
- Use the Site to fraudulently misrepresent yourself;
- Register, subscribe, unsubscribe, or attempt to register, subscribe, or unsubscribe any party for any product or service if you are not expressly authorized by such party to do so;
- Permit, allow or do anything that would infringe or otherwise prejudice the proprietary rights of Alberta Blue Cross® or its licensors,;
- Use the Site other than for its intended purpose.
Privacy, security and personal information
Data on the Site is protected by encryption security. Further, our employees and those of third-parties with whom we work follow specific privacy and security policies and procedures to protect and safeguard your information. Although we have taken what we believe to be reasonable and industry standard security precautions to protect information exchanged through the Site, we do not guarantee the effectiveness of those security measures.
Communication between you and Alberta Blue Cross® while using the Site is intended to be secure. However any unprotected e-mail communication over the Internet, as well as communication via other mediums, is not secure or confidential, subject to possible interception or loss, and possible alteration. You should not send any confidential, proprietary or sensitive information via those media.
Use and Disclosure of Your Information
Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies. If you reject our cookies, certain components of the functions and conveniences of the Site may not work properly, but you do not have to accept our cookies in order to use some functionality of the Site.
Other legal terms
Ownership and Use of Content
The Site, including any form, design, function, navigation element or information contained within the Site, as may be revised and updated from time to time, without notice, (“Content”) is protected under applicable intellectual property and other laws including, without limitation, the laws of Canada and other countries.
For clarity, Content further includes any forms you submit to the Site. All Content and intellectual property rights therein are the property of Alberta Blue Cross® or its licensors and title to the Content remains with us or our licensors. You do not acquire ownership rights to any Content.
All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to Alberta Blue Cross® and its licensors.
Trade-marks and Copyrights
The Site may contain registered and unregistered trade-marks, trade names, service marks, logos, product and service names, and graphics (collectively, “Trademarks”) belonging to, or used under license by, Alberta Blue Cross® or other owners including licensors. The appearance of such Trademarks does not convey to you any rights to use them. You are not authorized to display copy or use the Trademarks in any manner without the prior written permission of the rights owner.
All information in the Site is protected under the copyright laws of Canada and/or other countries.
Limitation of liability
You agree to use the Site solely at your own risk.
The Site and the Content are provided “as is” and “as available.” Alberta Blue Cross® assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Site, or for the accuracy, reliability, completeness, currentness, or timeliness of the Content, software, text, graphics, links, or communications provided on or through the use of the Site.
Alberta Blue Cross®, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties of every kind, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise. Alberta Blue Cross® explicitly disclaims any representation, warranty or condition of merchantability, fitness for particular uninterrupted or error-free services, or inter-operability of products and services, whether arising by usage or trade, course of dealing, course of performance, statute, or otherwise. Alberta Blue Cross® assumes no liability or responsibility pertaining to the Content, your use of the Site, or the receipt, storage, transmission or other use of your personal information.
In no event will Alberta Blue Cross®, its affiliates, agents, licensors, suppliers, or their respective directors, officers or employees be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive, exemplary, aggravated, economic or consequential loss or damages, howsoever caused, including but not limited to: damages for loss of use, lost profits or lost savings. This limitation applies regardless of the form of action, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or other legal theory, and applies even if Alberta Blue Cross® or any of its lawful agents or employees have been advised of the possibility of such damages or claim.
The Site may contain links to other web sites for your convenience in locating information and services that may be of interest. You acknowledge that people or organizations over which Alberta Blue Cross® may exercise no control maintain these other web sites and when you access these other web sites, you are doing so at your own risk. Alberta Blue Cross® expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, accuracy of information and/or the quality of products or services provided by or advertised on these other web sites. Alberta Blue Cross® does not control, endorse or promote any other web site unless expressly stated.
If any information appears to be missing or incorrect, or if you have questions about what you are viewing, please contact Alberta Blue Cross® at 780-498-8000 (Edmonton and area) and toll-free in other areas of Canada and the U.S. 1-800-661-6995.