2023 Alberta Blue Cross®
Social Media Pride Month Giveaway
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. Alberta Blue Cross®. The 2023 Alberta Blue Cross® social media giveaway for Pride Giveaway (the “Contest”) is sponsored by ABC Benefits Corporation o/a Alberta Blue Cross®, 10009 108 Street Edmonton, AB T5J 3C5.
2. Eligibility. This Contest is open to legal residents of Alberta, Canada, who have reached the age of majority in Alberta at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of Alberta Blue Cross®, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials, and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by Alberta Blue Cross®, in Alberta Blue Cross’s® sole discretion.
3. Contest Dates and Times. The Contest begins on June 14, 2023, at 9 a.m. MST and ends on June 28, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. MST (the “Contest End Date”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
4. How to Enter. You can enter by two of the following methods:
- Facebook: by liking the giveaway post, Follow Alberta Blue Cross® on Facebook, tagging a friend in the comments and sharing how you will be celebrating Pride this year.
- Instagram: by liking the giveaway post, follow Alberta Blue Cross® on Instagram, tagging a friend in the comments, and sharing how you will be celebrating Pride this year.
No purchase necessary. Limit one entry per person.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in Alberta Blue Cross’s® sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Alberta Blue Cross® a non-exclusive licence to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with Selected Entrants. Proof of transmission (for example,= screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
5. Contest Prizes. One prize consisting of two tickets to see RuPaul Drag Race on July 29th, 2023 at the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium in Edmonton, Alberta (approximate retail value of $187). All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Contest or the use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date. One winner will be chosen.
7. Skill-testing Question. Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition of winning a prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, Alberta Blue Cross’s® time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by email through a link to the skill testing question.
8. Winner Selection and Confirmation. On June 29, 2023 at 1 p.m. MST Alberta Blue Cross® will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received before Contest End Date and select the potential winners (the “Selected Entrants”). Selected Entrants will be deemed winners if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries.
Before being declared a winner, Selected Entrants will be required to: (i) correctly answer Alberta Blue Cross’s® skill-testing question; (ii) agree to Alberta Blue Cross’s® Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (the “Winner Release”); and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Alberta Blue Cross®.
Selected Entrant will be notified on June 29, 2023 and will be contacted via direct message on the entered social media platform A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept a prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in Alberta Blue Cross’s® sole discretion. A signed copy of Alberta Blue Cross’s® Winner Release must be received by Alberta Blue Cross® no later than July 3, 2023. Alberta Blue Cross® is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for Alberta Blue Cross® to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Disputes regarding the identity of the entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual assigned to the email address entered at the time of entry (the “Authorized Account Holder”). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that they are the Authorized Account Holder associated with a selected entry.
9. Release and Indemnification. All winners must sign the Alberta Blue Cross’s® Winner Release to: (i) confirm compliance with all Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept prizes as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Alberta Blue Cross®, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, Alberta Blue Cross’s®, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of entries by Alberta Blue Cross®, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of prizes as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by entrants with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize, and the use of entries by Alberta Blue Cross®.
Alberta Blue Cross® is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries that fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Releases; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel and the use of entries by Alberta Blue Cross®; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
10. Other Conditions. Neither Alberta Blue Cross® nor the Released Parties shall have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any award to entrants, with regard to: (a) entries that contain inaccurate, false or incorrect information or do not comply with or violate the Contest Rules; (b) entries, award claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Contest or claiming the award; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the award for any reason (except as may be permitted, in Alberta Blue Cross®’ sole discretion, as set forth above in Section 8); (f) any delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Alberta Blue Cross®’ reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any award or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any award or resulting from participating in this Contest or any promotion or award related activities. Alberta Blue Cross® reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual whom Alberta Blue Cross® finds to be: (a) tampering with or otherwise abusing the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (b) acting in violation of the Contest Rules or acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Contest multiple times through the use of multiple registrations or the use of any robotic, mechanical, programmed or automated devices to submit entries. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Alberta Blue Cross® reserves the right to terminate this Contest or amend these Contest Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice to entrants. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, Alberta Blue Cross® reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
11. Publicity and Entrant Information. By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, email address, postal code, telephone number, social media handle(s), comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of the Contest or any publicity carried out by the Alberta Blue Cross®, without further notice or compensation.
12. Law. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of Alberta including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest rules, rights and obligations between entrants and Alberta Blue Cross®, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in city of Edmonton, in the Province of Alberta.
13. Rule Amendments. Alberta Blue Cross® reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of Alberta Blue Cross® corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
14. Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by Alberta Blue Cross®. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of Alberta Blue Cross’s® intellectual property without the express written consent of Alberta Blue Cross® is strictly prohibited.
© ABC Benefits Corporation 2023. All Rights Reserved.