Trip Cancellation or Interruption
Trip disruptions—a cancelled flight or family emergency back home—can ruin your trip and leave you out-of-pocket thousands of dollars.
With Trip Cancellation or Interruption coverage, you are reimbursed for trip costs if you’re unable to travel or you need to change your plans during your trip.Get a Trip Cancellation or Interruption quote Buy now
Trip Cancellation or Interruption includes:
- trip cancellation coverage for single-trip plans up to the cost of your trip and up to $5,000 for multi-trip plans
- unlimited trip interruption coverage to help you get home or stay longer in case of an emergency while travelling
- the option to add Optional Protection: Pandemic if you cancel or interrupt your trip due to a pandemic
- 10% off for Alberta Blue Cross® members who have a personal or group plan
To buy Trip Cancellation or Interruption coverage, travellers must:
- be Canadian residents
- have coverage under a provincial health plan for the duration of their trip
- over 30 days old on the departure date
Additional conditions may apply for travellers over the age of 55. For more information, review our travel policy.
Enhance your plan with travel add-ons
When you purchase Emergency Medical Care, Trip Cancellation or Interruption coverage, or Top-Up Insurance, you
can enhance your plan with the following add-ons.
Baggage loss coverage
You arrived at your destination—but your suitcases didn’t. Baggage loss coverage can help you cover the cost of your items.See what’s included in Baggage coverage.
Optional Protection: Pandemic
The pandemic continues to affect the way we travel. When you need to cancel or interrupt your trip due to a pandemic, Optional Protection: Pandemic is there to help cover unexpected costs.Explore Optional Protection: Pandemic.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment
Serious, life-changing accidents can happen when you least expect it. Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage can offer peace of mind and added protection.Review Accidental Death and Dismemberment.