Steps for TTY users
- Dial 711 from your TTY device.
- The TRS agent will answer saying, "TELUS Relay Service, [agent's name] speaking," followed by "GA" for go ahead.
- Type in the area code and the Alberta Blue Cross® phone number you'd like to reach, or dial the toll-free number at 1-800-661-6995, then type GA.
- The TRS agent will dial the number and will let you know how the connection is progressing, when someone answers the phone and the gender of the person who is speaking, e.g., (f) female, (m) male.
Tips for TTY users
- Give TRS your name and the name of the person you are calling. If you are not calling a specific person, advise the TRS agent of which department you'd like to reach.
- Give TRS the recipient's area code, even when it's a local call.
- You can also leave a voicemail through TRS. If you leave a message, leave the TRS voice-to-TTY number (1-800-855-0511), along with your area code and phone number.