Submitting your claims
- Mail in a completed, signed claim form to Alberta Blue Cross, 10009-108 St. NW, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 3C5. For your claim to be processed, original receipts and other supporting documentation must be attached.
- Visit our web site for plan members to submit most types of claims if your plan allows this.
- Download our Alberta Blue Cross My Benefits app for iPhone or Android devices and submit most types of claims quickly and easily through it.
Extended Health claims
For claims such as vision, chiropractor and reimbursement drugs submit your claim online through the member web site, or send us a completed and signed Health Services Claim Form. If you mail us a paper claim form, be sure to attach all supporting documents and original receipts. Mail the signed form, with your receipts, to Alberta Blue Cross at the address indicated on the form. Once you open the form, enter all requested information then print and sign it. Be sure to attach all supporting documents and original receipts.
Depending on your plan design, there are two ways to pay for your prescription:
- Direct Bill: If your benefit plan includes this feature, your pharmacist will be able to bill Alberta Blue Cross electronically for prescriptions. Simply show your Alberta Blue Cross identification card as proof of coverage when ordering your prescription, and your pharmacist will take care of submitting the claim for payment.
- Reimbursement: Prescription drugs may also be paid for directly and then claimed for reimbursement on a Health Services Claim Form. Remember to include your original receipts when submitting the form.
Or, providing your plan allows this feature, you can submit your claim online through the web site for plan members. Instead of mailing in a printed claim form (as described above), sign into the member web site and click on the “Submit a claim” link. Easy-to-follow steps will guide you through the online claim submission process.
Now your optical provider can submit vision claims online. When your optical provider uses this option, you will no longer need to pay out of pocket for the entire optical claim, then wait to be reimbursed for the portion covered by your benefit plan. Your optical provider will receive payment directly and you will only pay for the portion not covered by your plan. View a list of optical providers who offer this service.
The majority of vision claims can be processed electronically, but if your claim cannot, please pay for your optical services and then use a Health Services Claim form to arrange for reimbursement. Speak to your optical provider for detailed claiming procedures
Click here for a Dental claim form. There are three ways to arrange payment:
- make arrangements for "assignment" billing by signing the top right hand corner of the Dental Claim/Treatment form (right). Payments will then go directly to your dental provider, or
- pay your dentist for services and submit the claim to our office for reimbursement, or
- your dentist may have arranged to submit claims electronically.
Most plans outline a specific period of time in which allowable expenses must be submitted. Refer to your benefits booklet to determine how long you have to submit your expenses.
Completed forms should be sent to:
- Alberta Blue Cross
- 10009 - 108 Street
- Edmonton, Alberta T5J 3C5