If you secure employment that provides you with group benefits, now you don't have to leave your individual health plan behind.
With the Portability option, you can secure your eligibility for continued individual health plan coverage in the future with no medical review. In addition, you receive valuable benefits to top up your new group coverage including:
- $15,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) benefit, and;
- a 15 per cent travel coverage discount.
You are eligible for the Portability Plan, if you:
- apply within 30 days of the cancellation date of your Alberta Blue Cross® individual health plan;
- have been on a medically underwritten Alberta Blue Cross® individual health plan for a minimum of three consecutive months;
- are actively enrolled on a group benefits plan that has prescription drug coverage;
- are an Alberta resident with a valid Alberta Health Care card, and;
- are between 18 and 70 years of age.