Alberta Blue Cross, Health Services, Provider Relations
10009-108 Street Edmonton, AB T5J 3C5
- Request for change
- Optical provider user guide - View the latest guide for using the secure site for claim submission.
- Direct deposit application form
- Fraud prevention awareness
- Online claims submission – March 2018
Get started with online claims submission today.
- Important information for optical providers — February 2018
Reminder on the correct process for submitting ABHS Optical claims.
Direct billing for optical claims
- Alberta Blue Cross provides the convenience of direct billing for eligible optical claims for employer group and individual health plan members.
Government of the Northwest Territories
- Important information for optical providers—Feb. 2012
Important information regarding prior approvals and the claiming process for providers regarding GNWT clients
- GNWT Optical Prior Approval Form
Complete this form and fax or mail it to Alberta Blue Cross. Contact information is provided on the form itself. An approval number will be issued when the request is approved.
- GNWT Optical Claim Form
If you are not registered for online claims submission, please complete this form when claiming. Mail the completed form to Alberta Blue Cross Health Services Provider Relations, 10009-108 Street, Edmonton, AB, T5J 3C5
- GNWT Application for direct deposit of funds
- Important information for optical providers — July 2017
Mandatory paperless statements and direct deposit.
- Important information for optical providers — December 2012
Effective Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013, benefits for the Alberta Retired Teachers’ Association (ARTA) will be administered by the Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan (ASEBP).
- Online services web site enhancements
The Alberta Blue Cross Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system will no longer be available as of July 1, 2012. If your office is already registered for online claims submission read more information. If your office is not registered for online claims submission get more details.
- Important reminder about the new card for Alberta Adult Health Benefits program participants
Effective Saturday, Dec. 1, 2012, all claims for Alberta Adult Health Benefit (AAHB) program participants with dates of service on or after Dec. 1, 2012 must be submitted under the new group and ID numbers printed on the new plastic ID cards. The new cards were issued to program participants during the month of November.
- New card for Alberta Adult Health Benefits program participants
A new plastic health benefits card will replace the monthly paper card. The new card will be distributed to AAHB program participants starting November 2012.
- Online claim submission update – February 2012
Included in this issue: claiming restriction on eye exams; handling errors on submitted claims; review statements carefully; entering correct claim amounts; submit within 30 days of service; paper claim submission procedure.
- June 2011 (40)
Changes to ID cards for some Alberta Health Services employees; Optical Assistance for Seniors Program benefits update
- October 2009 (37)
Recognizing the role of providers in preventing fraud and plan abuse Alberta Employment and Immigration (AEI) claiming reminder
- October 2009 (36)
New format for claim statements begins this month
- June 2009 (35)
Optical Assistance for Seniors Program benefits update
- March 2009 (34)
Is your office prepared for the Optical Assistance for Seniors Program?
Register for online claim submission or to make changes to your account.Learn more