If these plans aren’t exactly what you’re looking for, please contact a representative to discuss more options that best suit your needs.Get a quoteContact us
When personal problems spill over into the workforce, the result can be low productivity, absenteeism, accidents and injuries. An estimated 68 per cent of all employees will, at some time, experience problems so severe they can struggle and fail to cope with day‐to‐day duties.
What are the benefits of an Employee and Family Assistance Program?
An Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) can reduce absenteeism and loss due to workplace accidents. Some companies report a $7 to $10 saving for every dollar spent on employee assistance.
How does it work?
An EFAP provides confidential counselling services for employees and their dependants through an independent, professional counselling agency. Employees who take part do not jeopardize job security, promotional opportunities or reputation. Our program offers confidential help for a variety of personal problems, including:
- work-related stress reactions
- marital or family problems
- emotional problems
- alcohol or drug dependencies
- life crisis and bereavement
- eldercare and childcare problems
- financial and legal assistance
Any employer who currently has Alberta Blue Cross® benefits can offer our EFAP to employees and their dependants.
Together with our professional counselling partner, we offer EFAP clients:
- Confidential counselling services from provincially registered and highly experienced psychologists and related professionals, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year Service availability throughout Alberta and Canada
- Client satisfaction evaluations and follow‐up
- Program evaluation and management