Travelling in Canada
Coverage for travel within Canada
Whether you’re taking a road trip to a neighbouring province or flying across the country, make sure you have adequate coverage for travel within Canada. Your Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP) provides limited coverage outside of Alberta. Without coverage, you could be left paying for out-of-pocket expenses like hospital services and transportation.
Canada travel package options
When you’re ready to get a quote, select the coverages listed under your preferred option.
The more you travel, the more you save. If you plan to travel more than once in the next 12 months, you can save on your insurance costs. You make a premium payment once, and this covers you for all the trips you take within a year.
Both options include:
- up to $5 million for medical emergencies
- trip cancellation coverage for single-trip plans up to the cost of your trip and up to $5,000 for multi-trip plans
- unlimited trip interruption coverage to help you get home or stay longer in case of an emergency while travelling
- up to $300,000 for Accidental Death and Dismemberment, depending on age and circumstances
- 24-7 Blue Cross Travel Assistance
- Flight Delay Service
Was this information helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
You rated Travel plans | Canada travel package as not helpful.
You rated Travel plans | Canada travel package as neutral.
You rated Travel plans | Canada travel package as helpful.