Cancellations and refunds
If you need to change or cancel your travel insurance coverage, contact our travel team at 1-800-394-1965 and select option 4.
Change your contract
You can modify your contract if you need to change the insured amount or dates of travel.
The changes must be included in the new version of your insurance certificate to be valid and applicable.
Cancel and request a refund
A full refund will be issued if:
- you contact us to cancel your Alberta Blue Cross® travel plan before the effective date
- you cancel your trip before any cancellation penalties come into effect
- your carrier or travel supplier cancels the entire trip, so all penalties are waived
- your carrier or travel supplier changes the travel dates and you can’t travel on those dates, so all penalties are waived
A partial refund will be issued if:
- you return early and let us know before your plan’s expiry date
- there is no claim pending or paid
You will need to provide proof showing the date you returned. Examples include a copy of your boarding pass, customs or immigration stamp, or gas receipts.
Multi-trip annual plans are non-refundable for any reason after the effective date—it’s when your annual plan begins.
Trip Cancellation or Interruption coverage is non-refundable because it goes into effect the day you buy it.
Get a quote
Finding the right coverage you need for your trip starts with a quote. Get started online or give our travel team a call. We are here to help you.