Receive Emergency Medical Care through Top-Up insurance–this extends your period of coverage provided by us or another insurance company.
Top-Up Insurance includes:
- coverage for up to $5 million
- access to 24/7 emergency travel assistance
- coverage for pre-existing conditions, when stability requirements met
- hospital services, prescription drugs, ambulance, medical evacuation, medical follow-up in Canada and more
To buy Top-Up Insurance, travellers must be:
- Canadian residents
- covered under a provincial health plan for the duration of their trip
- covered for medical emergencies with an existing travel plan for the initial part of the trip—check with the insurer to confirm you are authorized to buy an extension
- over 30 days old at the departure date
Additional conditions may apply for travellers over the age of 55. For more information, review our travel policy.
Enhance your plan with travel add-ons
When you purchase Emergency Medical Care, Trip Cancellation or Interruption coverage, or Top-Up Insurance, you
can enhance your plan with the following add-ons.
Baggage loss coverage
You arrived at your destination—but your suitcases didn’t. Baggage loss coverage can help you cover the cost of your items.See what’s included in Baggage coverage.
Optional Protection: Pandemic
The pandemic continues to affect the way we travel. When you need to cancel or interrupt your trip due to a pandemic, Optional Protection: Pandemic is there to help cover unexpected costs.Explore Optional Protection: Pandemic.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment
Serious, life-changing accidents can happen when you least expect it. Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage can offer peace of mind and added protection.Review Accidental Death and Dismemberment.
Get a quote
Finding the right coverage you need for your trip starts with a quote. Give our travel team a call. We are here to help you.