Optional Protection: Pandemic
Broaden your cancellation coverage
If the pandemic has taught us anything, it’s how quickly your travel plans can change. Avoid the disruptions by adding Optional Protection: Pandemic to your Trip Cancellation or Interruption coverage.
Optional Protection: Pandemic reimburses you for certain expenses when you cancel or interrupt your trip due to a pandemic.
Optional Protection: Pandemic includes:
- coverage if you need to stay at your destination, or cancel or postpone your trip due to a diagnosis, positive screening test or contact tracing
- up to $250 per day per traveller for accommodation, meals and transportation, to a total maximum of $2,500
- up to $500 per traveller for changing the date or replacing the original ticket
Coverage will vary depending on whether a Canadian government travel advisory about a pandemic is issued on the date your coverage takes effect.
Travellers must buy Optional Protection: Pandemic at the same time as when they purchase Trip Cancellation or Interruption coverage. The purchase must also be:
- within 5 days of the first non-refundable prepayment of travel arrangements, or
- completed 45 days or more prior to the trip
Explore the world with travel insurance
Planning a trip? Review our travel plans and discover how we can protect you from medical emergencies, trip cancellations and disruptions, and more.
Get a quote
Finding the right coverage you need for your trip starts with a quote. Get started online or give our travel team a call. We are here to help you.